Tuesday, 17 April 2018

Moving Blog #3

If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen my story about our moving date being moved. I didn't go into all the details, but the short version is the builders didn't go when they were meant to and now we're waiting on new builders going in on Thursday.

The long version, on the other hand, is that we're moving into a mobile home or a static caravan as some would call it. This is being put onto a brand new plot of land, and so needs a concrete pad for it to be placed on, and new pipework being dug in so we'll have electric and water. That's what the builders were meant to be doing on Saturday, but for some reason or another they weren't able to go, and now new builders will be going in on Thursday. It's a weeks worth of work (so I'm told) so our date has been pushed to between the 30th of April and the 7th of May.

I'm not actually that annoyed about it really. I now know I definitely have over a week to finish up here and get the garden sorted ourselves instead of paying someone else to do it, saving us quite a bit of money. It also means I can relax a little, and I've been able to write more too as it's freed a little space in my mind (here you can read yesterday's post about why I don't think driving is a necessity).

It would have been nice to be moving this weekend as we originally thought, but it's also nice knowing a date with a bit more certainty now. My Grandma is visiting from Spain in early May, and was meant to be staying with us for a week. I'll have a spare bed up for her, but we very well might be living between boxes for that time, so I'm hoping to be moving in nearer the 30th than the 7th.

A lot has been done over the weekend, and we both seriously need a lie-in. It's been a whirlwind trying to get everything done, and we've been visiting people as we know it'll be a little while before we come back to visit. It's not far, only and hour or so, but we have so many family members here that it'll be difficult to see them all in one go.

That's all we know for now, I'm hoping to be updated after the builders have been there a couple days and we should have a better idea of when we'll be able to book a moving truck. We'll get there soon enough!

You can find other posts about our move here:
We're Moving!
Moving Blog #1
Moving Blog #2

No comments:

Post a Comment